The best example of Ghanaian names and being named relating to the day you were born is myself. One of the first things I learned was about the names and so I looked up which day I was born on. It was a Friday, a long time back, so I had the choice of Fiifi, Fifi, Yoofi or Kofi. It was a clear and easy choice, I became Kofi and was proud of it. I still use it sometimes, just to have fun and confuse people. And it is clear that the system obviously works, because the description is that a Kofi is Funny, Intelligent, Fun, Helpful, Great Friends.
- Sunday: Akwasi, Kwasi, Kwesi, Akwesi, Sisi, Kacely, Kosi
- Monday: Kojo, Kwadwo, Jojo, Joojo, Kujoe
- Tuesday: Kwabena, Kobe, Kobi, Ebo, Kabelah, Komla, Kwabela, Kobby
- Wednesday: Kwaku, Abeiku, Kuuku, Kweku
- Thursday: Yaw, Ekow, Yao
- Friday: Kofi, Fifi, Fiifi, Yoofi
- Saturday: Kwame, Kwamena, Kwamina